AIS Doctoral Student Service Award
About the Award
The AIS Doctoral Student Service Award was established in 2014 and was granted for the first time in 2015. This award recognizes volunteer contributions made by doctoral students toward the success of AIS conferences, journals, and programs.
Qualifications for the Award
Nominees for the AIS Doctoral Student Service Award should have been AIS members at the time of service and of recognition. They should have made volunteer contributions to AIS over and above typical student volunteer work during the academic year preceding that of the nomination year. They should have been doctoral students at the time of the service, but may have graduated at the time of award receipt. Individuals may only win the Doctoral Student Service Award once.
- Mohammad Jabbari Sabegh, Queensland University of Technology
- Victor Barros, University of Minho
- Zhitao Yin, Georgia State University
- Malgorzata Kolotylo, Florida International University
- David Agogo, University of Massachusetts
- Jordana George, Baylor University
- Georg Link, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Jessica Pye, University of Georgia
- Laurie Giddens, Baylor University
- Nash Milic, Baylor University
- Dennis Acuna, Dakota State University
- Tanya Beaulieu, Washington State Universtiy
- Jie (Jason) Xiong, University of Nebraska Omaha
- Jordan Barlow, Indiana University
- Jennifer Claggett, University of Georgia
- Elena Gorbacheva, University of Muenster
- Christoph Peters, University of Mannheim
AIS Doctoral Student Service Award Committee
The AIS Doctoral Student Service Award committee is comprised of AIS members as established in the Council Policy Manual. Current committee members include:
- Jessica Pye, Arizona State University (term ends June 30, 2020)
- Jordan Barlow, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota (term ends June 30, 2020)
- Sven Laumer, University of Bamberg (term ends June 30, 2019)
- Yulin Fang, City University of Hong Kong (term ends June 30, 2019)
The Selection Process
A description of the nomination and selection process can be found in Council Policy. To submit a nomination for this award, please use the online nomination form that will be available on August 1.
If you have any questions about this award, please contact the award chairman, Jordan Barlow.