Call for Nominations: Editor-in-Chief of JAIS
Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Posted by: Brook Pritchett
Deadline for Nominations: October 15, 2018
The term of Suprateek Sarker as Editor-in-Chief (EIC) of the Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS) expires June 30, 2019. JAIS is the flagship research journal of the AIS and publishes the highest quality scholarship in the field of information systems. JAIS is inclusive in scope and covers all aspects of information systems research. The Journal encourages multidisciplinary and nontraditional approaches, as well as traditional approaches. It has pioneered efforts to develop Information Systems theory.
According to the By-Laws of AIS, a committee has been appointed to conduct a search for a new EIC. Members of the nominating committee are: Soon Ang, Andrew Burton-Jones, Ola Henfridsson, Sirkka Jarvenpaa, Jan Recker, Suprateek Sarker and Carol Saunders (Chair). Selected candidates will be interviewed in December ---- at ICIS if possible. A single nominee will be proposed by this committee to the AIS Council at their March 2019 meeting.
All AIS members are invited to nominate candidate(s). Qualifications for the EIC position include:
- Demonstrated record of research in the field.
- Previous editorial experience at the senior editor level or higher in a top-level journal.
- Dedication and enthusiasm for JAIS in shaping it as a top-level scholarly outlet for bold research in the IS field.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage the editorial process and electronic journal publishing and marketing.
- Commitment to the EIC workload.
- Support from the candidate’s institution.
Please submit nominations with a brief statement of the candidate’s qualifications to the committee chair by no later than October 15, 2018. Self-nominations are accepted. Full résumés will be requested in a second round from a shortlist of candidates. All information may be sent by e-mail to AIS VP of Publications Carol Saunders at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about the journal can be obtained on the journal’s home page: http://aisel.aisnet.org/jais/.