The ABET workshop is being hosted in conjunction with the AIS AMCIS 2019 Conference. There are two ways to register for the workshop.
- Click here to attend the ABET workshop and the AMCIS 2019 conference. By registering for both, a $100 credit will be applied to your registration total upon attending the conference and the ABET workshop. Credits will be applied post conference.
- Register here to attend the ABET workshop only. *
* Registering for workshops only will NOT allow access to any AMCIS Conference events.
August 14, 2019 - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Working in small groups, you learn to design assessment processes, develop measurable student outcomes and apply data collection and data reporting methods. Our facilitators are highly experienced faculty with wide-ranging experience in assessment and evaluation. This workshop focuses primarily on ABET Criterion 2: Program Educational Objectives, Criterion 3: Student Outcomes, and Criterion 4: Continuous Improvement. At the workshop, you will receive an e-book containing all slides and reference materials so you can review what you’ve learned and apply it to your program back at home.
The workshop Prepares You to:
- Identify key elements of a functional assessment process.
- Clarify the similarities and differences between course and program assessment.
- Make student outcomes measurable with the development of performance indicators.
- Understand the methods and measures to assess student outcomes.
- Develop rubrics to assist in evaluating student performance in achieving student outcomes.
- Understand the pros and cons of various data collection methods.
- Review an example of reporting your results.
Here is a Brief Outline of the Day:
- Principles of Student Learning
- Context for Assessment
- Review of Program Educational Objectives
- Performance Indicators: Making Student Outcomes Measurable
- Assessment Methods to Collect Evidence of Student Learning
- Continuous Improvement: Data Collection, Planning & Data Reporting