NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN UNTIL OCTOBER 1.
Sandra Slaughter Service Award
About the Award
The Sandra Slaughter Service Award was established in 2014 and was granted for the first time in 2015. This award recognizes longstanding members who have provided leadership and service within the association. Renamed in 2015, the award honors Sandra Slaughter, who served as Region 1 Representative on the AIS Council until her untimely death in 2014.
Qualifications for the Award
Nominees for the Sandra Slaughter Service Award should have been AIS members for at least three years and have made significant contributions to the association through activities such as (but not limited to) the following: past Council positions (sitting Council members are not eligible to win this award); association committees; journal editorial boards; conference involvement; SIGs, chapters, or colleges. AIS members may only win the Service Award once in a five year period.
- Wei (Wayne) Huang, Xi’an Jiaotong University
- Julie Kendall, Rutgers University
- Rob Nickerson, San Francisco State University
- Xiao Xiao, Copenhagen Business School
- Guillermo Rodriguez Abiti, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
- Jane Fedorowicz, Bentley University
- Edgar A. Whitley, London School of Economics
- Susan Brown, University of Arizona
- Michael Chau, The University of Hong Kong
- Nancy Pouloudi, Athens University of Economics and Business
- Vallabh Sambamurthy, Michigan State University
- Richard Watson, University of Georgia
- Soon Ang, Nanyang Technological University
- Cynthia Beath, University of Texas
- Brian Fitzgerald, University of Limerick
- Elena Karahanna, University of Georgia
- Ferdinando Pennarola, Bocconi University
AIS Sandra Slaughter Service Award Committee
The AIS Sandra Slaughter Service Award committee is comprised of AIS members as established in the Council Policy Manual. Current committee members include:
The Selection Process
A description of the nomination and selection process can be found in Council Policy. To submit a nomination for this award, please use the online nomination form that will be available until October 1.