Our mission is to serve society through the advancement of knowledge and the promotion of excellence in the practice and study of information systems.
AIS members enjoy exclusive access to the AIS eLibrary, one of the most comprehensive and extensive elibraries in the field of information systems. In addition to providing access to highly regarded journals, the AIS eLibrary also allows members to peruse our conference proceedings. For more information, visit the AIS eLibrary.
AIS members spend a lot of time traveling each year attending conferences, consulting and speaking, and conducting research. AIS partnered with Priceline to give you great deals on any travel, from IS conferences to family vacations! Take advantage of AIS's closed user group to find the best rates available on hotels, car rentals, flights, and travel packages. Click here to find your travel deals!
Are you ready to plan your next career move? As an AIS member, you can use the Career Services to connect with employers from top information systems schools and corporate recruiters. AIS members registered for AMCIS and/or ICIS can take advantage of in-person interviewing opportunities at those conferences.
Perhaps the most important benefit of AIS membership is the community itself. By becoming an AIS member, you will have access to the best and brightest information systems academics and professionals, and all they have to offer. Here are just a few of the ways that AIS fosters a sense of community among its members:
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs): AIS' SIGs facilitate networking and the exchange of ideas within particular areas of interest.
- Chapters: Each of the AIS regional chapters enable you to cultivate relationships with your local AIS colleagues.
- Colleges: AIS colleges are a communities of colleagues with similar professional interests or roles. Colleges are dedicated to connecting like-minded AIS members to help them excel in their professional endeavors related to the topic of the college.
- Awards: AIS offers several prestigious awards to its members for their contributions to the world of information systems.
- Faculty Directory: Staying in contact—and establishing new contacts—with your fellow academics is vital to your career. That’s why AIS offers a comprehensive faculty directory, with listings of both member and non-member IS academics throughout the world.
AIS produces a monthly e-newsletter to keep you informed about what’s going on with the association and the industry so you don’t miss out on any great opportunities or information. Take a look at our recent news stories. To browse previous issues, follow the above link, click the desired year under "Browse by Date" on the left side of the page, and then simply select the desired month and then issue.
The AIS Store offers a wide variety of clothing, bags, and work gear for members in all stages of their professional career. Visit the Shop now to learn more!
If you have an questions about our membership benefits, please contact the AIS Vice President of Membership or AIS Membership Coordinator.