Several fully funded PhD positions available in the broad areas of Security of Software-intensive Systems and Services at a leading research centre, Centre for Research on Engineering Software Technologies (CREST) (http://crest-centre.net/). Students who are interested in the areas of Analytics for Cybersecurity, Secure Software Architectures, Human Factors and Software Security, Security of Internet of Things, Cloud Technologies (Fog Computing, Edge Computing, and Containers) and applications of Optimization, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning approaches for Security of Software systems, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The scholarship covers both tuition fee and living expenses. The stipend for living expenses is up to $37,000 per annum (tax exempt) for 3 years, plus tuition fee scholarship, and travel funds for conferences. Applicants with exceptional academic record may be considered for top up of around $10,000.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
* An excellent Master’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or a closely related field (applicants with exceptionally excellent academic record in 4-year bachelor degree may also be considered)
* Very good programming skills
* Very good communication skills in English, both in speaking and writing
* Knowledge and/or Interest in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Optimization methods
* Meet the PhD entry requirements of the University of Adelaide (https://www.adelaide.edu.au/graduatecentre/handbook/03-considerations-in-applying/02-entry-requirements/)
The University of Adelaide is a research-intensive university, that is ranked among top 1% of the world leading universities and is a member of Group of Eight (https://go8.edu.au/). CREST is one of the key research groups at the school of computer science with diverse research capabilities and interests that offer excellent opportunities and supervision to PhD students.
Interested candidates are invited to send their interests in the positions to Prof. M. Ali Babar at firstname.lastname@example.org> including:
1. A brief email describing yourself and your research interests 2. Soft copy of your publications (e.g., master's thesis, conference/journal papers) 3. Your CV 4. Your transcripts of undergraduate and honours/master degrees (Scanned copies) 5. Proof of proficiency in English (e.g., TOEFL or IELTS) if English is not your first language _______________________________________________