AIS Council Elections: Call for Write-In Candidates
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Posted by: Brook Pritchett
This year's election for the new members of AIS Council is fast approaching. Consistent with our bylaws, a Nominating Committee was formed, and that committee has developed a slate of candidates who will stand for election. Here are the available positions and associated candidates to date:
President-Elect Region 3:
Wai Fong Boh, Nanyang Technological University, email@example.com
Patrick Chau, University of Nottingham Ningbo China, firstname.lastname@example.org
Guy Gable, Queensland University of Technology, email@example.com
VP of Region 1
Monica Garfield, Bentley University, MGarfield@bentley.edu
Eleanor Loiacono, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in running for one of these AIS Council positions, you still have time to act. Any active member of AIS can nominate him/herself or another person via petition. Please complete the short nomination format the bottom of this page.
Please notice the following:
- Each nomination must be accompanied by the signatures of 10 members in good standing. Each form submission will count as 1 signature.
- The nominee must be an AIS member in good standing and must agree, by written notice to me, to stand for election.
- Nominees by petition for President-Elect for the upcoming election must come from Region 3: Asia and the Pacific. (The President-Elect position rotates among the three regions each year.)
- Nominees for VP of any Region may not come from the same country as the continuing representative. See https://aisnet.org/page/AISCouncil for a list of existing current Council members.
- Your nomination must be submitted by January 31, 2020.
The election will be held electronically on or about February 20. Bio sketches and platforms will be published for each candidate.Please participate in this important event to shape the future of AIS!
The nomination form for write-in candidates can be found at https://aisnet.org/page/2020writeincandate.