Outstanding Communities for 2017 Named
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Posted by: Brook Pritchett
AIS is pleased to recognize 30 Communities with the designation of Outstanding SIG, Chapter, or College for the 2017 reporting year.
AIS Communities contribute to the field of information systems through catering to specialized areas of study, geographic locations, and similar professional interests. The Outstanding Community designation celebrates the exceptional work of AIS Communities and their contributions toward supporting the mission of AIS through the advancement of knowledge and the promotion of excellence in the practice and study of information systems.
“Members of AIS Communities value professional growth opportunities each community provides," said Lakshmi Iyer, AIS Vice President of SIGs and Colleges. "We are very excited to recognize these outstanding communities and their contributions to our field.”
Ryan Wright, AIS Vice President of Membership and Chapters, added, “Communities that hold events, tracks and workshops, publish journals or articles, and provide officer transition training are the critical for the AIS. We are so proud of the great service these communities offer our AIS members.”
AIS plans to showcase activities and accomplishments of Outstanding Communities in upcoming trainings to help all AIS Communities share ideas for improvement.
If you are interested in learning more about or joining a SIG, Chapter, or College, click here.
2017 Outstanding Communities include:
- SIG Accounting Information Systems
- SIG Adoption and Diffusion of Information Technology
- SIG Decision Support and Analytics
- SIG Education
- SIG Geographic Information Systems
- SIG Grounded Theory Methodology
- SIG Human-Computer Interaction
- SIG ICT and Global Development
- SIG IS/IT Issues in Asia Pacific
- SIG IT in Healthcare
- SIG IT in Project Management
- SIG Ontology Driven Information Systems
- SIG Security
- SIG Service
- SIG Social Inclusion
- SIG Systems Analysis and Design
- AIS College of Senior Scholars
- AIS Women's Network
- Midwest USA