Sandra Slaughter Service Award
About the Award
The Sandra Slaughter Service Award was established in 2014 and will be granted for the first time in 2015. This award recognizes longstanding members who have provided leadership and service within the association. Renamed in 2015, the award honors Sandra Slaughter, who served as Region 1 Representative on the AIS Council until her untimely death in 2014.
Qualifications for the Award
Nominees for the Sandra Slaughter Service Award should have been AIS members for at least three years and have made significant contributions to the association through activities such as (but not limited to) the following: past Council positions (sitting Council members are not eligible to win this award); association committees; journal editorial boards; conference involvement; SIGs, chapters, or colleges. AIS members may only win the Service Award once in a five year period.
2015 Award Winners
- Soon Ang, Nanyang Technological University
- Cynthia Beath, University of Texas
- Brian Fitzgerald, University of Limerick
- Elena Karahanna, University of Georgia
- Ferdinando Pennarola, Bocconi University
AIS Sandra Slaughter Service Award Committee
The AIS Sandra Slaughter Service Award committee is comprised of AIS members as established in the Council Policy Manual. Current committee members include:
- Bernard Tan, National University of Singapore (term ends June 30, 2017)
- Soon Ang, Nanyang Technological University (term ends June 30, 2018)
- Ferdinando Pennarola, Bocconi University (term ends June 30, 2018)
- Carol Saunders, University of Central Florida (term ends June 30, 2017)
- Tuure Tuunanen, University of Jyvaskyla (term ends June 30, 2017)
The Selection Process
Nominations for the AIS Service Award will be open August 1 through October 1 each year. A description of the nomination and selection process can be found in Council Policy. To submit a nomination for this award, please use the online nomination form that will be available on August 1.
If you have any questions about this award, please contact the award chairman, Bernard Tan.