|AIS Administrative Bulletin
| Subject Area:
|| Community Financials
|| SIG and College Financial Information and Processes
| Last Updated:
|| January 29, 2015
| Please see a complete list of edits at the bottom of this page.
This document is designed to give SIG and College leadership, specifically the treasurer, a quick overview of SIG/College financial deadlines, and processes. Because chapters collect their dues in their local currencies, AIS does not manage their accounts.
For more information on SIG and College financials, please contact AIS Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feedback and questions regarding this document may be directed to the Component and External Relations Manager at email@example.com.
Financial Report Dates
Below is the timeline for the delivery of financial reports. The AIS SIG/College fiscal year is July 1-June 30.
||Date Sent to Community President and/or Treasurer
||Last week of October
||Last week of March
||Last week of August
In the event that you need an updated financial report in between the above dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the staff will assist you.
Because AIS manages SIG/College accounts, we are also responsible for paying money out of these accounts. In order to provide you the best service, please follow the following guidelines:
- When being personally reimbursed for a SIG/College related expense please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- AIS T&E form completed, signed and attached
- Attach receipt, invoice or other documentation
- In the body of the email please provide additional information, not on the AIS form, that you feel would be helpful.
- When submitting an invoice from a company/institution please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Invoice attached
- Name of SIG/College
- Additional information that you think it relevant for staff to know
- Example: If the invoice isn’t clear about the service being provided, or the expense relates directly to an activity of the SIG or College.
Checks are processed on the first and third Fridays of the month. These dates may be adjusted based on volume. During the month of December, when ICIS occurs, the checks will likely be delayed until January. If there is an issue where a check has to be paid sooner, rather than later, please contact email@example.com and the staff will do what they can to get the payment sent as soon as possible.
Some groups will find sponsors to cover part or all of their workshops, journals, topic conference, etc. In order to assist AIS and receive your payment in the most efficient way, please follow the guidelines below:
If you receive a check that needs to be deposited into your group’s account, please mail it to:
Association for Information Systems
P.O. Box 2712
Atlanta, GA 30301
Please include the following information. If a sponsor or institution is mailing the check directly to AIS, please ask them to include as much of the following information as possible:
- Name of SIG/College
- Invoice payment should be applied to (if one exists)
- What the payment is for (Ex. Workshop sponsorship for ICIS 2015, etc.)
- Contact information for person submitting check. This will assist us if we have questions.
If a sponsor or institution would like to pay by credit card, please have them send a fax to 1-404-413- 7443. If they need to email the information, they can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your group requires an invoice for a sponsor or some other entity, please contact email@example.com and the staff will assist you. Please know that your group is responsible for following up with the invoiced party.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Contact information of the party to be invoiced
- First name, last name and title of the contact (Ex. Dr. James Smith, Dean of IS Department)
- Name of institution/business
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Amount to be invoiced
- What they are being invoiced for: service provided, workshop sponsorship , etc. If conference related, please include the conference, year, and workshop
Edits to Administrative Bulletin