Seeking Nominations for AIS Council
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Posted by: Brook Pritchett
The AIS Nominating Committee is calling for nominations of candidates to the AIS Council. AIS is seeking volunteers for five vacancies to serve in a broad range of roles for the Council. Nominations are due by Feb. 8, 2016.
The committee's charge this year is to assemble a high quality slate of candidates for the following open positions:
- President Elect (from Region 2)
- Region 2 Rep (two year term)
- Region 3 Rep (three year term)
- VP of Publications
- VP of SIGs, Chapters and Colleges
Please visit the AIS Bylaws to find the responsibilities required for each position.
Candidates for all positions must be members in good standing and should have experience/skills that would qualify them for the particular responsibilities of the opening. All candidates must be able to attend four Council meetings annually. Two of the meetings are held face-to-face at ICIS and either ECIS or PACIS, so the individual will need his/her own resources to finance the associated travel. Depending on the position, active members of Council spend approximately 8-10 hours per month fulfilling their volunteer duties.
If you are interested in running for one of the available positions, please send an email to the Committee Chair, Jason Thatcher, by February 8 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Members will also be given an opportunity to add names to the ballot as write-in candidates after the ballot is announced in March.
The members of the nominating committee and their regional affiliations include:
- Jason Thatcher, Clemson University, (President-Elect)
- Helmut Krcmar, Technische Universität München (R2)
- Franz Rowe, Université de Nantes (R2)
- Jungpil Hahn, National University of Singapore (R3)
- Shirley Gregor, Australian National University (R3)
- Joey George, Iowa State University (R1)
- Susan Brown, University of Arizona (R1)
- Matt Nelson, AIS Interim Executive Director
- Jody L. McGinness, Associate Executive Director