Executive Director's Message: Happy New (?) Year!
Monday, January 06, 2014
Pete Tinsley, CAE
Happy New Year! The start of a new calendar year seems like an obvious time to talk about new beginnings. I'm sure some of you have a New Year's resolution or two! Since the association's our administrative/fiscal year starts July 1st, January is really the start of the second half of our year. So instead of talking about new things to start, let’s focus on those initiatives that have already commenced.
First, we need to give our sincerest appreciation to Ferdinando Pennarola and Jorg Becker, ICIS 2013 conference co-chairs, for hosting a most outstanding event in Milan. Congratulations to them and their entire committee for a job well done. If you attended, be sure to complete the attendee satisfaction survey if you haven't already. If you didn’t make it to Milan, be sure put AMCIS – Savannahand ICIS – Auckland on your 2014 calendars now.
Prior to the opening of ICIS, the AIS Council convened its annual day-and-a-half meeting to review the progress being made on initiatives in support of the AIS Strategic Plan. The Council's next meeting will be a virtual one on March 7th.
The work of the AIS staff supporting the Council and its mission as well as providing day-to-day member services continues in full swing after a brief respite during the holidays. Highlights of current and upcoming activities include:
- Member Needs Assessment Evaluation: Thanks to the more than 1,000 responses we will have good data upon which to make future decisions.
- Branding/Marketing Campaign: We will be launching the new IS marketing website this quarter.
- AIS' 20th Anniversary: Stay tuned for further promotions!
- AIS-Temple University Job Index Survey: the results are now available online.
- Student Chapters: We will be kicking off a chapter-building initiative this month as we continue to build support and excited for the 2014 Student Chapter Leadership Conference at Arizona State University.
These are exciting times for the association and we encourage all members to take advantage of the many benefits AIS offers. Let us know how we can best serve you!