CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
2016 Pre-ICIS Workshop on e-Government
Critical Questions in Public Sector IT:
Outlining a Collaborative Research Agenda
Dublin, Ireland, 11 December 2016
AIS SIG eGovernment
The Digital Government Society
• Submissions due: October 9, 2016
• Notification of Acceptance: October 25, 2016
Please submit your abstracts to: email@example.com
You are invited to submit an extended abstract for presentation and discussion at the 2016 pre-ICIS Workshop on e-Government, co-organized by the Association of Information Systems (AIS) Special Interest Group on e-Government (SIGe-Gov) and the Digital Government Society (DGS), to be held on 11 December 2016 in Dublin, Ireland. Abstracts should introduce a new or emerging topic, issue or research question of relevance to researchers and practitioners within the e-government/digital government community.
The general objective of the AIS SIG e-Government is to promote quality and relevance in e-Government research within the IS community. The DGS is a global multi-disciplinary organization of scholars and practitioners engaged in digital government research and practice that nurtures technical, social, and organizational transformation in the public sector. This workshop presents the first collaborative effort between the AIS SIG e-Government and the DGS.
As with previous SIG eGovernment pre-ICIS workshops, this joint workshop will be designed to provide the maximum opportunity for knowledge sharing and discussion of the abstracts submitted. The workshop will include brief formal presentations and a variety of large and small group discussions designed to help facilitate knowledge sharing among participants and to lay the foundation for future collaborations. The discussion will be moderated to ensure opportunity for full participation.
Extended abstracts (maximum 5 pages) that address outstanding questions and issues related, but not limited to, the topics below are welcome:
- Co-Production of eGovernment;
- eGovernment and sustainable development;
- Maximizing the eGovernment potential of the Cloud
- Mobile eGovernment;
- Personalized eGovernment services;
- Smart Cities;
- Capture, Management and Use of (Big) Data in Government;
- Social media and eGovernment services;
- Open innovation in eGovernment;
- Open-source and open-standard solutions in eGovernment.
- Transparency and openness in eGovernment services;
- Engaged scholarship in eGovernment research.
Submission and Review
We are soliciting extended abstracts of maximum five pages on topics, issues, and questions of relevance to researchers and practitioners within the e-government/digital government community. Each abstract submitted will be reviewed by the workshop co-chairs and at least one external reviewer. Abstracts selected for inclusion in the workshop will be those considered best ready to serve as catalysts for knowledge sharing and debate among workshop participants on new and emerging research and practice issues and challenges. No workshop proceedings will be produced. Authors retain full authorship rights to their submitted work.
File Format: Word
Please submit your extended abstracts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of the programme will be made available at:
Details on Workshop Registration will be available through the ICIS 2016 website: http://icis2016.aisnet.org/
• Submissions due: October 9, 2016
• Notification of Acceptance: October 25, 2016.
For any questions, please contact:
· Rony Medaglia, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, email@example.com
· Theresa A. Pardo, Center for Technology in Government, University at Albany, SUNY, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
· President: Rony Medaglia, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
· President-elect: Efthimios (Themis) Tambouris, University of Macedonia, Greece
· Treasurer: Arild Jansen, University of Oslo, Norway
· Secretary: Katarina Lindblad-Gidlund, Mid Sweden University, Sweden
· Past President: Kim Normann Andersen, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
Digital Government Society:
· President: Soon Ae Chun, City University of New York, College of Staten Island, USA
· President-elect: Sehl Mellouli, University of Laval, Quebec City, Canada
· Treasurer: Andrea Kavanaugh, Virginia Tech, USA
· Secretary: Natalie Helbig, New York State Department of Health, USA
· Past President: Theresa Pardo, University at Albany, State University of New York, USA