21st Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS)
Puerto Rico, August 13-15, 2015
Mini-Track: Customer Experience and Organizational Intelligence
Track: Intelligence and Intelligent Systems (Sponsored by SIGODIS)
Call for Papers:
The rise of the Internet of Things is revolutionizing the way humans interact with other humans, devices, applications, networks, sensors, infrastructure, machines, services etc. This provides interesting challenges for business intelligence and decision support. Such scenarios have characteristics such as pervasive computing devices including mobile phones, appliances, sensors etc., pervasive networks including wired and wireless networks, pervasive ecosystem entities participating from formal as well as informal social networks whereby entities engage across multiple locations, platforms etc., pervasive data resulting from exponential growth of data (both structured as well as unstructured), ecosystem entities, sensors etc., pervasive computing and storage power available on the go via cloud computing technologies.
This revolution challenges companies to re-imagine ways to reach current and potential audiences in a coordinated way across a multitude of channels and devices — both wired and wireless. Intelligent enterprises are exploiting this topology to drawing inferences and develop key analytics by aggregating and mining data about customers, competitors, vendors, markets, and products as well as services. Enterprises are able to garner global and local intelligence enabling them to develop innovative products and services better aligned to market needs. We invite research which addresses or expands on these ideas. Conceptual, empirical and design-oriented works are welcome and will be considered for this mini-track.
* Potential topics for manuscripts include but are not limited to:
- Engaging end customers via a combination of devices and delivery channels
- Multi-modal user experiences & Immersive Interaction Technologies
- Enhancing customer engagement by combining immersive interaction, technologies and multi-modal user experiences
- Enabling enterprises to make intelligent decisions related to workforce composition, collaboration, leadership and, employee retention
- Pervasive computing devices requiring the need to reach end customers across multitude of devices
- Exponential growth of data (both structured as well as unstructured), created by end customers, sensors etc. requiring the need to analyses and visualize the data
- Leveraging easy availability of computing power on the go in the form of cloud computing
- Decision making by understanding and analyzing the collective intelligence created across various customer touch points as well as social networks
- Better understanding of customer behavior using techniques such as text analytics, natural language processing as well as social network analysis
- Improved visibility across the supply chain and real-time data availability
- Better monitoring of production processes to optimize operations, reduce costs, enhance production as well as prevent and/or detect health and safety issues.
- Adaptive systems which respond to touch-point data
All submissions are to be made via the AMCIS 2015 submission system at
2015 at 2pm EST. Authors will be notified as to whether their submission was accepted,
conditionally accepted, or rejected by April 21st, 2014.
February 25th, 2015 Submission Deadline
April 21st, 2015 Author Notification
April 28th, 2015 Revisions and Camera Ready Submission Deadline