Tenured? Wondering about the next steps in your career? At a crossroads in your
career? Thinking about seeking an administrative post? or leading a research
center? Or taking on leadership roles in the academic community?
The Association for
Information Systems is introducing a new pre-ICIS workshop for mid-career
mentoring. The ideal workshop participant is an academic who is at a mid-point
in their academic career and who would appreciate advice and information about
different career options after tenure.
The workshop will be held in
the morning of Sunday, December 15, 2013 in Milan, Italy, from 8 am to
The workshop will include panel discussions and roundtable discussions. The
distinguished panel members include leading IS scholars who have made various
career choices post-tenure and who can provide an informed perspective of the
advantages and disadvantages of these career options as well as advice for
those considering similar choices.
Faculty panelists include:
- Susan Brown, University of Arizona, U.S.A.
- David Firth, University of Montana, U.S.A.
- Brian Fitzgerald, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Shirley Gregor, Australian National University, Australia
- Laurie Kirsch, University of Pittsburgh, U.S.A.
- Eldon Li, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
- V. Sambamurthy, Michigan State University, U.S.A.
- Christina Soh, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Whitley, London School of Economics, U.K.
The workshop is free to
participants, but in order to foster a conducive workshop atmosphere,
participants must register, and registration will be limited to 75 people.
Refreshments will be provided to attendees.
*** Interested participants
should register for the AIS mid-career mentoring workshop during the regular
ICIS registration process ***
For more information on this
workshop, please contact the 2013 workshop organizers: